Why did i choose my career?


Hello again. When I was a child, I played with teddies in my room, in that play i was teacher and teddies were my students. I think I played as teacher because my mom is teacher too.

When I was 8 years old, Iwanted to be president of Chile. That dream is really funny to me, because in that time i lived in urban ghetto in La Florida, Santiago. Social justice and social work were dreams in my childhood. (Now i think that job is not for me, jaja).

When I was 18 years old I graduated from secondary education. I did not take a break and I entered to Universidad de Chile in 2013. In that year, I entered to baccalaureate. I wanted to study social work, but I did not like PUC. Universidad de Chile had not social work caree.

In Baccalaureate, I knew a lot of friends (actually best friends!!) and I studied Sociology, arts, chemistry, biology, anthropology... UFFF!!! I spent all my time in university, definitely, that times was incredible.

 I thought to study Math, contemporary dance or psychology. Finally, I entered to psychology and i hated it!!! That caree was not for me. I felt so bad, so... A teacher told me "Social work is open next year in Universidad de Chile".

Actually, i study social work, I'm first generation of that caree. Social work was closed in dictatorship. I'm proud! Because my caree is really innovate and political.  My experience at university is really interesting because I have been studying from 2013, so many years and protests too.

The next year i will be a licensed social worker. In 2020 i hope to be a social worker. I would like to work in Bolivia a couple of years and traveling-work jobs.

Photo of high school friends (2013)
La imagen puede contener: 8 personas, incluidos Paz Valenzuela, Nicolás Olivares Gallardo, Alexandra, Pamela Salas y Paloma Espinoza Orellana

Comentarios

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I find awesome that you are part of the first generation of social workers, and I believe that you will going to make a great job. I think that, to be president as a kid's dream, its so funny, I also kind of like it hahahaha
    PD: this is the correct comment jiji

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Paz ! I see that it was difficult for you to choose. I'm happy that we're finally colleagues !!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hahahaha while you played to be president of Chile, I played to shoot the presidents of the world hahahaha

    ResponderEliminar
  5. You had very nice dreams. I hope to be able to graduate together!!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. What a nice story, it remind me that in this U we can find people of all places.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares